This course will examine the etiology (origin) of addictions, effects on the family, its dynamics, interventions and treatment. This course will examine behavioral addictions such as sexual addiction and addictive level life struggles such as eating disorders.
- Gain a functional understanding of what addictions are and how they grow to dominance in our lives.
- Gain an understanding of when an emotion crosses various thresholds of significance that would merit it being understood as “use,” “abuse,” and “addiction.”
- Gain a working knowledge of five programmatic resources in the areas of substance abuse, codependency, sexual addiction, sexual betrayal, and eating disorders.
- Duration: approx. 6 weeks
- Total video: 10-12 Hours
- Suggested textbook reading: moderate
Enroll in a Certificate
This course partially satisfies the requirements for the following certificate(s):