Key concepts related to the theological foundations and logistical opportunities for developing a counseling ministry is the local church.
- Gain a working knowledge of the different ways the word “counseling” is used and from your convictions for how the word will be used in the ministry you do or lead (with an understanding of the info)
- Gain a functional understanding of the levels of competence that exist within Christian counseling and where the SEBTS certificate program fits in this hierarchy – peer support and mentor level coun
- Gain an understanding of the history of the biblical counseling movement and the distinctive convictions of biblical counseling.
- Gain a basic understanding of the sanctification models that will be developed more robustly in future courses of this certificate program.
- Duration: approx. 6 weeks
- Total video: 10-12 Hours
- Suggested textbook reading: moderate
Enroll in a Certificate
This course partially satisfies the requirements for the following certificate(s):