A study of the most common problematic emotions: depression, anxiety, grief, anger, and trauma. The focus is on developing an understanding of these emotions as biological, moral, relational, and spiritual phenomena and then learning biblical intervention strategies. A biblical perspective on suffering and pain is embedded throughout.
- Gain a functional understanding of what emotions are and what purpose they serve in our lives.
- Gain an understanding of when an emotion crosses various thresholds of significance that would merit it being understood as “problematic” rather than merely “unpleasant.”
- Gain a working knowledge of five programmatic resources in the areas of anger, grief, depression, anxiety, and trauma to a degree.
- Duration: approx. 6 weeks
- Total video: 10-12 Hours
- Suggested textbook reading: beginner
Enroll in a Certificate
This course partially satisfies the requirements for the following certificate(s):